Roberta "Bobbi" Sorg
Bobbi Sorg, a three term member of Hinton City Council, has always wanted to be involved in her community. Upon retiring to Hinton in 2003, Bobbi and her husband, Bill, enmeshed themselves into small town life bringing a desire to help the community through work in various service and social organizations. Regardless of the tasks, Bobbi ensures results. One of her first projects included her work with the Summers County K.I.D.S. theatre program as she helped plan, coordinate and bring to life their Opening Night Galas celebrating the generosity of many people who supported the K.I.D.S.
Holding a degree from Robert Morris College, Bobbi has diligently served on the City Council and carried out her civic responsibilities as:
- Chair of the West Virginia Water Festival Coronation committee
- Chair of the Hinton Memorial Lighting Project
- Member of the Board of the Summers County Council on Aging
- Member of the Board of Hospice of Southern West Virginia
- Member of the Board of the Graham House Preservation Society
- Member of the selection committee for the ambassadors to the Hugh O’Brain Youth Leadership Seminar
- Member of the City of Hinton Planning Commission through West Virginia University Land Use and Sustainable Law Clinic
Outside the Council and civic responsibilities, Bobbi is also a member of the Wednesday Club of Hinton and the Delphi Club. Bobbi enjoys bridge-playing, providing food items for friends, spending time with family and friends. Bobbi and her husband, Bill, reside in Hinton and have two sons; Mark (Elaine), Rhett; three grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Please contact me with your ideas, problems or complaints. I will do my best to help you with your concerns. Email: email@example.com